Saturday 25 April 2015

Maybelline mini haul :)

Hey guys! 

So recently I was in Boots and decided to take advantage of the great offers in there :) Particularly the 2 for 3 offer in Maybelline :)

I picked up the new Lash sensational Mascara, Flawless Nude dream foundation in Ivory and Instant Age Rewind concealer in Light.




I was really impatient to try these out as I have heard so many different reviews, especially on the foundation. 
The first thing I tried (literally leaving town, in the car :P) was the Lash Sensational Mascara and I love it! It created such a beautiful, natural curl to my lashes and made them appear instantly longer. I was asked was I wearing false lashes at one stage! I would highly recommend this :) 

Secondly I tried the Foundation and unfortunately I wasn't massively impressed. It comes with a small stick applicator in a beautiful shaped bottle. The colour is a bit too dark for me, and it has very poor coverage. I had to mix with another foundation (Revlon Colorstay) just to get a nice coverage. For someone who has a lot of freckles, especially around this time of year, it felt like it was barely there even when I applied loads! It was also very drying :/ However I am going to try it with some different primers and moisturisers to see if I can change my opinion :) 

Last but not least the age rewind concealer :) I actually really like this. It is very light but manages to cover any dark circles, veins or redness. It is very subtle but good. I also love the applicator, a really soft sponge that glides and blends on the skin.

Overall, not my most favourite foundation, but good concealer and mascara :) Maybelline get 2/3 for me this time around!!

Thanks for reading :)
Sandy.S
xXxXxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment